Sunday, April 13

(A Poem

Here is a poem I wrote nearly a week ago:

Spring Prayer, 2008


Dear Lord, you are tight and heavy
and so loose with your coda; let
me be a vessel for your echo.

Thank you for a fuzz of sun;
the revocable winter and its meta-no;
for not allowing the Oscar Mayer Genie
to grant my wish; the shifting gravel
teeth in the sock of life which I swing
above my head in jest of the boredom
movement; the wooo; the yeee;
the rites of nowly mischief.

Forgive me as I trespass in the dumpster
behind America {the new Eden}; pardon
all the honey on my tongue.

Please be with all the children that are now
packaged meat; the songbirds, timorous
and fragile; the lichens; each botch
@ love; the holy ghost and her touching
and reaching and hushing;
and bless the comma fiend {who hates me};
the Sandinista who never knew history
could rhyme so well; the puddleglums;
the guiding-lights-or-suicide’s; the whistling
busdriver in his nausea salon of “Good Morning.”

And deliver us from the five-sided fistagon,
O Lord; from the triangle factory fire’s
ember joints; and the untrue bicycle wheel.

1 comment:

arielle ann said...

i like it; it's musical.
i'm glad you're here. on earth, on a blog.