Sunday, May 18

The First Part of Something Larger

Things have been busy these past few days. Quite a change from the fallout doldrum of the end of the school. I've started working again and it's good for the soul, I believe, even if the job itself is fairly sour. Anyway, I came here to post part of a poem I'm working on. I think it stands alone fairly well, so if you read it, I hope you like it, and if you don't, please tell me still.


1.

I spent the morning knocking cobwebs
from the metal rafters of the first Baptist,

and an early evening facedown in bed, four fingers
of bourbon in my belly, no blankets, no pillows,

stretching my limbs to the cardinal points.
Tomorrow I wonder when she’ll come home,

across the border, a daffodil behind her ear,
and show me how to pine for Guadalajara again.


Thanks,
Andrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good!

jacheree said...

Thanks Andrew! :D

See you in class Wednesday. I'm so friggen nervous!